…and I haven’t posted my wrap up from last year yet or any of the absolutely fascinating things I’d meant to post from this year so far. I’ll try to be a better blogger in the future….
Only a month late, here’s my wrap –up of 2012:
2012 Year in Review
2012 was a great year in some respects, not so good in others. It was my first full year of marriage to my wonderful Wife, which was great. It was also a year that I was sick with a pretty significant flare-up of Ulcerative Colitis and associated problems (like anemia) for most of the spring and summer, going into fall. So without further ado, here’s my 2012 race wrap up so that I can move on to the more fun posts like:
– A pictorial of an exploratory run in Spain in January while German was covered in snow
– My kitchen renovation – it is beautiful and efficient, let me show you it
– How to succeed at swim seminars without really trying (actually that’s not true, I was trying as hard as my little arms could pull me)
– The hash I’ve made of trying to make my own training plan for this year
– Cinnamon buns of love
– Chapatis – easier than you think
– Lembas pancakes – healthy and cashing in on Hobbit-mania (maybe next will be Die Hard Donuts)
– Eggplant chili
– Weekly training updates
– Why I have to be crazy to train for Ironman along with doing aikido three times a week.
– But look, despite all the chili, cinnamon rolls, and chapatis I’m making in my beautiful newly redesigned, significantly more efficient kitchen, all this training is making me seriously buff!
All these and more after I finally get this wrap-up out of the way.
So then, in 2012 I raced in 5 triathlons, 5 running races, and did a few other significant things.