In Advent Calendar news, guessed wrong today, it was lightning bolt, not AC/DC logo as predicted…as for music, try the NPR All Songs Considered Holiday Party here.
In useful things to have bookmarked in your browser news:
- My favorite online unit converter for food: here
- The recipe for Spitzbuben that I’m going to use this year. I’ve never made them before so it’s somewhat experimental pending tomorrow’s outcome.
- McMillan running has updated their pace calculator and it’s here. It’s telling me that based on my last marathon time, my goals for my next 10k (on Dec 30) and next 1/2 Marathon (in March) are completely reasonable.
In “Stick a fork in me, I’m done news:
- Went to German class (3 hours)
- Did an hour of jo staff practice
- Ran 7 miles along the muddy river trail
- Did the dishes
- Made lunch (spinach quesadilla on linseed tortilla with leftover tuna and tomato salad)
- Did 2 hours of aikido
- Talked with my adviser and planned out the next month of work that will lead hopefully to the super-secret goal I’m not telling anyone about yet
- Folded the last load of laundry
- Created a cookie making spreadsheet for all the Christmas cookies we’re baking tomorrow so that we know what we need to buy at the store
- Worked out the next week of my off-season training plan for us
- Finished the prep and cutting of all the gift fudge (and taste tested the fudge) (OK, Wife did most of this while I hovered and felt guilty for not doing more)
And now I am done. Goodnight internets.